In the following, I’ll explain how to extend the life of the toners in the Brother HL-3170CDW (should work as well in the Hl-3140cw).
When the toner cartridge reaches about 10-15% it will start displaying “Toner Low”. One can still go on printing. At one point the printer will state that one MUST change toner cartridge and does not allow any further printing.
Here the trick to allow another 150-500 printouts before changing the toner cartridges when the printer tells you to change/switch toner cartridge:
1) Open the top drawer by pulling upwards in the handle
3) The printer will now change the text as seen in the picture below. BK = Black, Y = yellow etc. (STR=stanard, HC = high capacity). Use the arrows to get to the toner that was supposedly empty. Press ok. Now press arrow up to “reset” (As the text describes). When this is done, press the ok again, close the lid, and press arrow up to reset again (I’m not sure the last step is really needed)
4) The printer will now restart, and the toner cartridges have been reset and allows you to continue printing. If the empty message occurs for any of the other toner colors, just repeat the above steps.
Latest posts by Lars Koch Hansen (see all)
- Test: Renault Megane ST (2017) er både pendler- og familievogn… - november 21, 2017
- Test: Philips stavblender (Philips Avance HR1673/90) – det robuste valg - november 7, 2017
- Pakkeliste til skiferie med og uden børn – læs den her - november 7, 2017