For several years I’ve struggled to make the perfect Italian ciabatta bread. Finally, I’ve managed to get the recipe completely right – and it is actually more simple than you would imagine… It’s actually extremely simple, and you will get the most amazing, tastefully and cheap Italian ciabatta bread imaginably.
Here is the easiest recipe for fantastic italian Ciabatta bread. There is no need for great skills in a kitchen, just put all the ingredients in – mix a bit, and your ready to go… (Energy: Total 2,726 kCal, or 341 kCal per person).
World's greatest Italian Ciabatta bread with large holes
- 800 gram wheat flour (12 grams of protein per 100 grams or above)
- 700 gram water
- 18 gram salt (fine)
- 1 bit of Yeast (small ball approximate 4-5 grams)
12-18 hours before baking
- Dissolve the yeast in water together with the salt.
- Mix the flour into the water. No need to knead the dough. Just make sure that the flour is wet (20 seconds).
- Put the bowl on the kitchen table for 12-18 hours with a bit of plastic on top (look at the pictures). Extremely simple.
The Baking / Bread-making
- Turn on the oven 15-20 minutes before working with the dough to make sure it very hot. Put the oven heat to the maximum about 5-600 degrees Fahrenheit. If you have a fan-assisted oven then use that.
- Cover the table in wheat flour (see pictures). Then pour out the dough. It very "wet", which means that you may only touch it very briefly or else it will be very sticky.
- Put one side at a time to the opposite side of the dough (see pictures). Do this 1-4 times. Do NOT knead the dough. If you knead the dough the large holes will go away.
- Split the dough into 3 breads (pictures). Roll it shortly in the flour. You may pull it a bit to make the bread fit the jelly roll pan.
- Put the pan directly into the very hot oven. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- The bread must have a black crust in the ends before finishing.
- The world's greatest Ciabattas are now ready to serve...Bon appetit...
- You do not have to buy expensive Italian flour. The most important thing is the amount of protein. Just buy the cheap flour from your locale grocery as long as it has more than 12g protein / 100gram! The more the better. If you find flour that contains more than 12 grams of protein per 100 gram of flour this will make the bread and holes bigger.
- If you got a fan-assisted oven you may even make 6 breads at a time (obviously you need 2 pans). Give them 1-2 minutes more. If you don't have 12-18 hours for the yeast and sour-ness to develop you may cheat a bit. Just put in 10 grams yeast and 10 grams of suger (and use warm water)
- The Italian Ciabatta breads can easily be frozen afterwards. When you want to use them just take them from the freezer and put them directly in a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 minutes. Let them rest for a couple of minutes after taking them out of the oven (before serving).
What do you think?
Have you tried it… Is amazingly easy to make these breads, and the are delicious. Please click the 5 small stars near the recipe picture. That means a lot to me. Thanks.
Adapted from the danish version here: Verdens bedste ciabattabrød med store huller (opskrift)
- Seneste indlæg
Bor i Kolding med min hustru Heidi og vores to skønne børn Emma og William. Jeg elsker ALT der gør hverdagen bedre, lettere eller bare sjovere. Jeg elsker god mad og inspirerende oplevelser, og så har jeg altid haft et blødt punkt for gadgets og lækkert udstyr til hjemmet. Til daglig er jeg medicinmand i det danske hospitalsvæsen.